OpenLayers 2.7 Released
With all of the FOSS releases lately and those coming this month (Django 1.0, OpenOffice 3.0, Ubuntu 8.10), I hardly know what to do with myself. But I just ran across this one on Slashgeo, and I think it deserves some special recognition.
In the ohboyohboyohboy department, OpenLayers 2.7 has been released.
- 183 bug fixes
- Lots of stuff for vector layers (Vector-Behavior, improved rendering performance, Z and Y ordering)
- Canvas rendering class
- OpenLayers.Request interface for AJAX
- Smarter Popups
- ZoomPanel and PanPanel controls for adding custom panning and zooming controls
- Basic Measurement Control
- Support for GPX files
- Improvements to GML, SLD, and other formats
- Lots more! See the release notes for full details.
I’ve done some limited testing, and I can’t find anything that breaks code from 2.6. Now I’m off to try out some of the new goodies.