jQuery 1.3.2 and jQuery UI 1.7 Released
jQuery’s 1.3 branch upgrade happened back in January, with two bug fix releases since then to get to 1.3.2. This is a major upgrade, including features like:
- A new CSS selector engine that's 50% faster.
- HTML injection into the DOM is 6x faster. I can attest to this - I do a lot of DOM injection, and it flies.
- Live events, or events you can bind to both current and future elements.
- Lots more.
- A new CSS framework and Themeroller. This is really great stuff. The new themes are fantastic, and things like rounded corners degrade nicely on crud like IE. You can select from their pre-built themes or use their Themeroller interface to build your own. The CSS frameworks are flexible and can be used with controls you build yourself. The pre-built themes, along with the library itself, is hosted on Google's CDN.
- A new Progress Bar plugin.
- Lots of code tweaks and improvements.