ArcGIS Explorer Build 900 Released
ESRI has just released the much anticipated ArcGIS Explorer 900 build. This is the build people have been talking about for a while, introducing such features as:
- New ribbon UI ala MS Office
- Greatly improved support for KML and added support for ESRI layer files
- Ability to switch to a 2D display and projection support
- Presentation mode for, well, presentations
- Lots more you can read about and see a video on here
I give ESRI a hard time on occasion, but ArcGIS Explorer is really a great free product. If you skipped by ArcGIS Explorer because their old free viewer product was nearly useless, you’re doing yourself a disservice. This new release is by far the best yet.